Monday, April 6, 2009

Egg-cellent Centerpiece


She is one of those people who ya either love or ya hate....Well, I am on the love side. I love Rachael Ray along with Everyday, her monthly publication. When the magazine arrives, I immediately flip to the Centerpiece of the Month page. This particular one was featured last spring, and I think it is one of the magazine's best ever! Very simple to create by purchasing a flat of grass (or getting the fake stuff at Wal-Mart like I am doing) poke small holes in the ends of the eggs and drain the yokes and rinse the egg shell a little. Then fill the eggs with a little water and insert small flower bunches. If your Easter tablescape is more on the colorful side, simply dye the eggs before draining the yoke. In St. Louis, Walter Knoll Floral Shops have 1/2 off cut flowers on Saturday afternoons, so this could be a very economical centerpiece as well! Now I just have to find a Brunch recipe that calls for a whole lot of eggs....

No comments: