Monday, April 20, 2009

Girls Weekend Decor

So, I have finally recovered from our fabulous girl's weekend enough to post some pics. As you can see I went with a black, white and pink theme, and pretty much just girly-girled it up from there.

Let's start with the tablescape....


I used a shower curtain as a tablecloth, great for parties since it repels water and stains. A feather boa tops the chandelier.

The centerpiece was inspired by Celebrations at Home. An apothecary jar with the lid removed serves as the vessel. Insert a strip of scrapbook paper around the bottom, suspend a string of black beads ( I used packing tape-my new best friend!) Pink silk roses with the stems removed complete this elegant look.

Inspired by Hobby Lobby, I wrapped a couple of candles in scrapbook paper, punched holes and laced them up for a sexy look. Just be careful not to catch this hot look on fire!


On our sidebar, I used a tiered stand for serving snacks and a fun shoe pic. Votive candle holders get dressed up with ribbon and a Welcome sign greeted guests.

My obsession with feathers continues, here with pink and black. Tissue paper stuffed into the vase hides the stems. I picked up these small milk jug shaped vases from Target's $1 spot around Valentine's day and they conveniently fit my theme here. I LOVE the piece of scrapbook paper this arrangement is sitting on. I wish it came in wallpaper form!


Last but not least, a favor bag sent my guests home with a special treat and a sweet note. For the recipe for this delicious bar, check out Pillsbury http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=44945

3 comments:

USARAK wife said...

The pictures don't even do it justice. This weekend was wonderful - from the decorating to the company. Thank you Holly for being a fantastic host!

Anonymous said...

Holly--this site is amazing!! I love your blog and glad I finally discovered it! And I agree with Kylene (the post is from Ky right?)--the pictures don't do it justice! It was such a great weekend. Thanks a lot!!

Laura

Anonymous said...

Do you have the recipe for that fabulous breakfast bake dish? I want to make it for some folks in town this weekend in Parkville. It was fabulous with the peppers or chiles on the bottom and then the eggy goodness!

Thanks for hosting girls weekend! You are the hostess with the mostess!