Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas in the Southwest


Let me start by saying this is the first Holiday season I have prepared for outside of my home state of Missouri. With that said, I wanted to share a few images of Christmas in the Southwest.

The first is this funny guy above. I mean, only in New Mexico would they create a snowman out of giant tumbleweeds. Yes, folks, they do grow that big around here. Not that I have seen them personally, but I have heard the tales. Tumblin' along with the tumblin' tumbleweeds......



The second is this gorgeous blue poinsettia. Isn't it divine? Now, I am sure that blue poinsettias are not only available in the Southwest, but I have never seen them before, so I just had to have one! I think it is so perfect it looks artificial and the hubs said it looks more New Year's Eveish than Christmasy, so let's hope I can keep it alive until then.

The purple leaves are my favorite part. :) They look like velvet.


This last image is sorta corny, but I thought we should have some chile pepper lights for our first Christmas here. They really brightened up a corner of our dining room.

Happy Holiday preparations to all!!







No comments: