Friday, February 4, 2011

Winter Fun

Aren't these signs just adorable? I had to resist the very strong urge not to rip them off the wall of our condo last weekend. We were at the Taos ski valley for their annual Wine Festival. So pretty and so serene, plus lots of good food, wine and friends! Plus a little tubing down the mountain, that was super fun. GMA did a feature on Taos this morning, if you would like to see more.


Here are some gorgeous carved melons from the Grand Tasting. Love that pretty rose.


Well, I know you have been dying to see what I created from that pile of fabric in my previous post. Here is a before shot of our dining room chairs. That plaid kinda clashes with the new curtains, don't ya think?!? It was driving me crazzzy.


Ahhhh, the after. Much better. I love a $9 transformation.


Now for the barstools. These were leftovers from my very first apartment. Sorta blahhhh in our new kitchen and the wood matched NOTHING in our home.

I am really loving the finished product! I had a can of black paint on hand and also had the fabric left over from our office window covering, so it really was a completely free project too. Not sure if I am going to keep the fabric for the stools as is, or change them up again. Just going to have to wait to see on this one!

The window treatments for the guest room are STILL not finished, and I guess they are going to stay that way for a while. We are headed to southern NM with some friends this weekend to enjoy the hot springs! It has been abnormally cold here this week and we are looking forward to thawing out a little.
Happy Super Bowl weekend everyone! I am whipping up these tasty brownies for our MO guests. Can't wait!









2 comments:

Malinda said...

Love the stools, Holly! Hope you guys are having a great time this weekend.

Lana said...

Holly, I love the chair covers in your diningroom. They look really good with your new curtains. The bar stools look nice also. Will see you at the festival on the 19th
Hope you were able to get warm this weekend. Tell Travis HI.